SLU A-10 article

The Post has an article about SLU's excitement about joining the A-10. I can't wait either! Friday we officially become a member of the A-10. Here's the article...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...A2?OpenDocument

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

just thought i would point out that for the second slu article in a row it is timmerman writing and not stu. as i said a few days ago, i dont think slu has a beat writer anymore, or if we do, it is apparently timmerman. ugghhh.

time to send a few e-mails. if not stu, nominate nate i say.

Tom Timmerman is the new St. Louis U. beat writer. He had been the No. 2 guy on the St. Louis Blues beat the last two years and has covered a lot of different things, including SLU and U.S. soccer.

Stu Durando, who had been covering SLU basketball, is the new University of Illinois beat writer.

Jeremy Rutherford, who had been covering the Illini, is the new St. Louis Blues beat writer.

Of course I would like a chance to cover a college beat at the Post-Dispatch. Thank you for all the kind words. My time will hopefully come at some point. Right now I'm focused on trying to improve the high school sports coverage while trying to land a full-time job either here in St. Louis or somewhere else throughout the country.

- Nate

timmerman had the job before and was awful. he seemed to be the most disinterested writer we ever had. his reports were filled with inaccuracies to the point i would sometimes question if we watched the same game. this is not a good choice for us imo.